Friday, April 10, 2009

My Grandma Was A Hipster

My grandma recently passed away and left behind a trail of hipster goods. Jewelry being the main source: Little pins with painted birds, all kinds of animal broaches, gold chains, 70's pendants...a bunch a stuff. This could mean several things:

A.) My Grandma was a hipster.
B.) All old people are hipsters.
C.) My Grandma was friends with a hipster who liked to give her gifts- A Giftster.
D.) I'm a hipster.
E.) The word hipster is a controversial and somewhat derogatory term that should not be thrown around lightly.
F.) Walter Meownez is #1.

I'd like to think that all of these with the exception of D is true. I took a test in the Hipster handbook once in college and did not qualify into hipsterdom. It was because I answered yes to a question that was something like, "Do you like to drink beer in the back of trucks." Therefore putting me into the hick category. I scored high on Hick. Then my friend Nick and I decided hipsters were racist, and classist so we drank a liter of Gin and chased it with water. Then I threw up all over this Glaswegian club named the Art School, called one of the employees with a massive unibrow "Frida," and had to be dragged home by my legwarmers. Go Figure.

No comments: